JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
Anatolia Islamic Centre is seeking a full-time Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing multiple organization’s financial, accounting, facilities, IT, projects, education and day-to-day operations. This individual will also be helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Chairman and Directors, and other miscellaneous tasks. Moreover, the Operations Manager will be reporting to the Chairman and serving as a member of the Management Team along with the Directors. This position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization’s financial, facilities and operational functions. Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
Anatolia Islamic Centre (AIC) is located in Mississauga and it serves a community of over 8,000. AIC consists of a private school (JK-8), humanitarian aid organization, mosque and other departments that hold regular leadership workshops, leadership camps, weekend/evening courses, Eid festivals, community service activities, and other events aimed at promoting strong social character, leadership and responsibility towards a large and vibrant Muslim communities in the GTA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (IT, Education, Finance and Facilities), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service.
- Managing day to day processing of accounts receivable and payable using SAGE, QuickBooks, producing reports as requested.
- Oversee Friday Prayer, Eid Prayer and other Islamic occasion programs and activities ensuring success and satisfaction.
- Inspecting buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
- Planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Supervise all staff facilities staff (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers etc.) and external contractors
- Control activities like parking space allocation, waste disposal, building security etc.
- Serve as first point of contact at AIC, via managing main phone and email accounts.
- Manage office and relationships with vendors, donors, subcontracts and community members.
- Provide administrative support to Chairman & Directors and other staff as appropriate, including scheduling, travel arrangements, etc.
- Maintain, administer and train others on effective use of platforms and systems, including SAGE, MS applications and other systems as necessary.
- Plan and coordinate all installations (telecommunications, heat, electricity etc.) and refurbishments
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function (HR, Facilities, IT, Finance) as well as coordination and communication between functions.
Education and Experience Requirements (Qualifications)
- Strong commitment to AIC’s mission and values.
- High levels of professional effectiveness, collaboration, integrity, optimism, and high energy.
- Outstanding organization and detail orientation.
- At least 4 years relevant experience in non-profit environment.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Excel, Word, Quickbooks and SAGE.
- Experience with the operational services, accounting, finance, facilities and other departments.
- Knowledge in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Relationship development and management skills; orientation to network-building.
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English.
- Speaking and writing in Turkish is a plus but not required.
Non-standard hours of work. Criminal Record Check is required. This position will be based out of 5280 Maingate Drive, Mississauga, Ontario. This is a full-time position. Salary and benefits to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Email your resume to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.