Quran and Islamic Studies Teacher
Anatolia Islamic Centre Mississauga is currently seeking a Quran and Islamic Teacher for the AIC Saturday School. If you are interested and meet the requirements, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
- Start Date: Sepmtember 19th , 2018
- End Date: December 20th , 2018
- Every Saturday from 12:00PM – 5:00PM
The Quran and Islamic Studies teacher provides Quran lessons to students who are 7 years old and up. The teacher will be responsible creating an educational atmosphere where students are granted the opportunity to fulfill their potential of becoming a Hafiz, knowledgeable and productive Muslims in Islamic studies. Moreover, the teacher will also be able to encourage the community members to increase number of attendants. He/She will be working closely with families and build relationship with students and parents.
The program consists of teaching students:
- Quran (Tafseer, Memorization, Tajweed, Elif’Baa)
- Islamic Studies & Seerah
- Creates and manages own curriculum on Quran and Islamic Studies.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of the various curricula and explores the best ways in which to deliver content to the students.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Sets clear targets and goals for teaching the Islamic values on a weekly basis and works with staff to extend the implementation with in the classroom environment.
- Organizes extra-curricular activities related to the Islamic events and holidays.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and staff on a regular basis in order to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Supports students and parents with alternate strategies and provides additional assistance with daily assignments and projects.
- Models spiritual maturity in leading students towards Islam and spiritual growth.
- Inculcates the kids with a sense of respect, order and self-discipline while encouraging them to be innovative and curious.
- Assumes responsibility for and demonstrates gains in student performance.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating with others, etc.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the management.
Education, Certifications, and Work Related Experience:
- Preference will be given to Hafiz-ul-Quran teachers.
- Undergraduate degree in Arabic/Islamic Sciences or equivalent degree and/or experience.
- Three or more years teaching experience.
- Three years of daily public or private instruction in Arabic and English preferred.
- Educational certification a plus.
- Operational knowledge of the Internet and web-related technologies.
Technical Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of the Arabic Language Fluency in Standard Arabic (Fussha) a definite plus.
- Must possess ability to use technical skills in order to construct, implement and share lesson planning.
- Must possess ability to use a computer for instructional and communication purposes with students, parents and staff.
- Ability to use internet based search engines for educational research purposes.
- Knowledge of MS office or equivalent.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses a correct Arabic pronunciation and has a basic understanding of rules for the authentic recitation of the Quran.
- Has excellent knowledge of Quran and Islamic Subjects and believes and acts according to the Islamic values taught to the children.
- Works independently with little direct supervision.
- Works well as part of a team and is comfortable in a leadership role.
- Accepts responsibility and is self-motivated.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic in order to achieve team and individual goals.
Competitive with local Islamic Schools. Depends on qualifications and experience.
ICMG Anatolia Islamic Centre – 5280 Maingate Dr. Mississauga, ON L4W 1G5